After researching and procrastinating for two years we finally bit the bullet and are officially DVC members! 🙂 It was such a happy process.
So, for those of you asking, what is a DVC?
- It is essentially a timeshare with Disney. You buy however many points you want. 100, 125, 150, 200, etc. (I purchased 100 points.)
- Disney then gives you a contract with whichever Deluxe resort they are marketing at the present time (we have Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge) and that is your “home” resort.
- You can then book at your home resort 11 months from your vacation date, or if you want to stay at any other Deluxe DVC resort you can book 7 months from your vacation date.
- How the points work: Each resort has a different number of points per night. The resorts on the monorail such as Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian are high in points per night where as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga, and Old Key West are low on the points per night. The points vary during the different seasons, also. The points will increase per night during the busy times like December and June and decrease during the slow times like January and September. So, since I have 100 points I can stay 5 nights at Copper Creek for 75 points and carry 25 points over to the next year, leaving me with 125.
- The standard DVC rooms come with a coffee pot, a microwave, toaster, mini fridge, and mini bar. The larger rooms, such as the Bungalows at the Polynesian, have full kitchens. There are a few grocery delivery services who will send your groceries to your room if you order ahead of time and plan on cooking meals in your room.
- One great thing about being a DVC member is you do not just have to use your points at WDW. You can go to Aulaini, HI or Vero Beach, FL, or Hilton Head, SC, or take a Disney Cruise. You can also do Adventures by Disney and travel all over the world, and let’s not forget about Disneyland! The possibilities are endless.
- One great perk about being a DVC member is the great member benefits. Members receive a percentage off their purchase at most Disney restaurants and shops. Members also receive a discount on tickets to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party as well as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and discounted Annual Passholder tickets.
So, my little family is EXTREMELY excited about our latest Disney adventure, and all of our future adventures to come. Our first DVC stay will be at the Polynesian the week before Christmas. My husband and I both have December birthdays, so we will be celebrating birthdays and Christmas! I, I mean WE, cannot WAIT!
Until next time,