The 2017 D23 Expo occurred this past weekend. A lot of new, maybe surprising information was given about Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line, Disney World and Disney Land.
- Let’s start with Disney Cruise Line. By 2023 Disney Cruise Line will have added THREE new Cruise Ships!
- Epcot (World Showcase) – Walt Disney World. Epcot will be adding another country. It is rumored to be either Brazil or Spain, but has not been confirmed which country will take the open spot. What we do know is there will be a Ratatouille ride in the France Pavilion that will be almost identical to the ride in Disneyland Paris.
- Epcot (Future World) – Walt Disney World. There will be a new restaurant right next to Mission: Space. This restaurant will allow the guests to gaze at the stars while eating. Disney World is also going to include a Guardians of the Galaxy ride, but it will not be taking the place of Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios. Instead, this ride will be at Future World, taking the place of Ellen’s Laugh Floor.
- The Tron ride is scheduled to open in the Magic Kingdom next to Space Mountain in Walt Disney World in 2021, just in time for the park’s 50th anniversary.
- Hollywood Studios – Walt Disney World. This August you can say good-bye once and for all to the ever so loved Great Movie Ride. This is causing many people great pain. However, Disney is replacing it with a ride called Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. You will be the star of a Mickey cartoon where anything can happen! The kids will love it. We will see if this ride will be able to fill the void of the greatly loved, but very outdated, Great Movie Ride.
- Toy Story Land will be opening in Hollywood Studios in the summer of 2018. The concept is you will be the size of a toy as you run around Andy’s backyard. Two new attractions will be inside Toy Story Land: Slinky Dog Dash, which is a family roller coaster, and Alien Swirling Saucers.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Disneyland and Disney World. These lands will not open until 2019.
- A new DVC property will be coming to the Epcot resort area, which will hopefully take some of the crowds out of the other resorts, but since Disney has become so busy lately, who knows? A Star Wars themed immersive luxury resort is in the makings. From the moment you step into the Star Wars resort, you are no longer on Earth, and are surrounded by characters from the movies. Also, Disney Riviera Resort, a 15th DVC property, is under construction, and will be located near Epcot with a rooftop restaurant.
- New transportation! Disney will now have “Minnie Vans”. Walt Disney World will have an Uber service with 2017 Chevy Traverses that are painted to look like Minnie Mouse. The gondolas are “supposedly” returning to Walt Disney World. Right now they have the permits for the Skyliner, but have not started breaking ground on them. It would help out on transportation so much, and both means of transportation sound pretty cool if you ask me!
Until Next Time,