Here is a few notes that I have been thinking of that I just wanted to put in and make sure you guys know.
- Pack snacks: Make sure you pack those snacks for the parks, especially if you have little ones. If you are waiting in line for a ride or a show, you do not want a toddler screaming because he is hungry. Also, you don’t want to use all your snack credits in one day. Mickey pretzels are a good thing to buy because they are big and two kiddos can share them, but you might want to pack things like multigrain bars, ritz bits, things like that. Also, a good thing to pack is little suckers so that your kids won’t want to buy $5 suckers when they see them in the park.
- Water: You can pack water bottles to bring into the park. That will get heavy though. You can go to any concession stand and ask for a cup of ice water, and it is free. Keep in mind that bottles of water are $3 in the park, and on a hot day that will get costly. Also, the refillable mugs that you get in the resort are only to be used in the resort. If you want a Coke product in the park it will cost you a snack credit.
- Early morning breakfast: I highly recommend getting an early morning breakfast at either the Crystal Palace, Cinderella’s Royal Table, or Be Our Guest. We had reservations for Be Our Guest at 9 AM and were able to get into the Magic Kingdom at 8:15, get our picture in front of Cinderella’s Castle and Walt and Mickey and stroll down Main Street before everyone else. It was so nice, especially because it was so crowded when we went. If you are not a morning or a breakfast person, or if you do not care about doing that, then never mind.Update: now that the new rope drop procedure has changed in MK (2017), everyone can get onto Main Street at 8 AM, but not into the lands until 9 AM.
- Transportation: The buses take you to and from your resort and the parks and they run every 10-20 minutes. The only parks the monorail goes to are Epcot and the Magic Kingdom, and the only resorts are the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and the Contemporary.
- Cell Phones: There are places to charge your phone in at the park, so pack your charger in your bag, and also bring ziptop bags for rides that can possibly get it wet or for when it rains
Until Next Time,